Art & Design at Manor Wood
At Manor wood Primary School, we have planned a curriculum for the arts with the intent that all our children will, from the early years, develop a sense of creativity, self-expression and individuality, excellence and high attainment.
- Allows Manor wood children to experiment in a safe environment, where there are no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ results, thus, both self-expression and self-esteem may be enhanced.
- Exposes all children to the arts from early years, giving every member of our school a chance to experience, and participate in a range of creative and practical activities, events and out of school competitions.
- Gives children entitlement to a wide range of experiences in the arts as part of and in addition to the curriculum.
- Develops their knowledge and skills within a wide range of art activities and to appreciate the diverse culture heritage within the school.
- Introduces them to an appreciation of the arts that will hopefully, last a lifetime.
Finally, we are overseeing the current Whole School Art Planning. Acknowledging that ‘Art’ comes in many different forms apart from the usual ‘Famous Artists’ we study. Therefore, plans are in progress to include:
- Architecture – famous architects (Gaudi)
- Fashion designers – Vivienne Westwood
- Make-up/hair/stage Art
- Famous sculptors (Tania Holland/Henry Moore/Greek coliseums)
- Music (Rappers – Jay Z, Eminem, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Kanye West)
- Islamic Artists – (Hassan Mossooudy ‘Calligraphy’, Nadia Janjua ‘Architect/artist’. Ahmed Mustafa ‘Egyptian Artist’)